An imposing four-storeyed patrician’s house from 1688 is the largest timbered building in Alsfeld. The impressive gateway leads to the inner courtyard and cottage. The ornately carved Renaissance front door with upper and lower sections is typical of the Hesse style. It has massive corner posts with well-preserved carvings and fancy Thuringian-styled window frames. Three religious paintings of the creation adorn the eave side of the building.